About the PEIWI
To learn more about the rich history of the Women's Institute, please visit our History Page.
If we could summarize the PEIWI into a single sentence, it would be "Women being the voice, taking action, and creating change in PEI communities". However, there are other core principles for the PEIWI which all our members represent.
- We focus on women, family & home
- We believe in a culture of collaboration & sharing
- We always strive to protect the environment
- We believe that through education, leadership and goodwill, we can build stronger communities.
We are also extremely proud of our Awards and Scholarships, which has helped many creative and talented Islanders throughout the years.
The PEI Women's Institute is also affiliated with the Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW); a group of over 9 million women in over 70 countries. The ACWW is the largest women's organization in the world, the PEIWI is dedicated to helping promote and support their efforts.
Most importantly, the PEIWI is a fun way to give back to your Island communities, to meet new friends, and to truly make a difference.
Other Benefits of Being a Member of the PEIWI!
- Networking: You will belong to a group of women from across the country
- You will belong to a global network of women around the world.
- You will have an opportunity to share your input on issues at the community, district, and provincial level.
- You will develop leadership and personal skills to further your professional career.
- You will get to know and build relationships with other women.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in workshops,plus local area and provincial conventions.
- We offer a number of scholarship, awards and bursaries.