Next Roadside Cleanup is scheduled for May 11, 2019. Details below!Yellow bags will be available once again starting the first week of May from ACCESS PEI SITES, IWMC LOCATIONS and Summerside City Hall (contact the facility in your area for hours). As a reminder, please use your existing WI bag stock, however if you need additional bags, clear plastic bags from your home can be used. As a reminder existing stock and the yellow bags are to be used for the Roadside Cleanup only!
WI bags are available early May from the following locations only (FOR LARGE QUANTITIES, PLEASE USE IWMC SITES):
ACCESS PEI sites
Summerside City Hall
IWMC Facilities: Brockton, New London, Murray River, Dingwells Mills, Wellington (The East Prince Waste
Management Facility) and IWMC offices in Charlottetown (110 Watts Avenue) and Tignish (100 School St).
Cleanup Contest and Win! To encourage participation in the Roadside Cleanup, a cash prize contest is offered once again. Simply fill out the entry form and send it with a photo of “your team in action” to enter the draws. Entry Posters and entry sheets are also available at the WI office or online at PEIWI.ca.
To participate in this contest:
Forward your pledge sheets and photos of your team to: email@example.com.
Roadside Cleanup Posters—A poster should have been included in this month’s mailout. We ask you to please post in your community.
Bag Pickup—The Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy will pick up the WI waste bags during the days following May 11th. Thank you for your support!
The Roadside Cleanup in 2018 was a huge success!
Doreen Cole, Environment Convenor and Provincial board member of the PEI Women's Institute is pleased to announce the following cash prize winners in four categories as part of the annual Cleanup - Families and Individuals: It Takes Two (c/o Sarah Stewart), Pick Me Up (c/o Marlee Gregory), and Gram and Gramps (c/o Kay Wall); Organizations: Springbrook Pickers (Lola Meek Ogilvie), Northshore Guides (c/o Jennifer Bryson), Stratford Youth Centre, c/o Duane Pineau; Schools: Stonepark Intermediate Green Team (c/o Jill Burry), L.M. Montgomery Cleanup Machines (c/o Nancy MacKinnon); Business: Invesco Go Green (c/o Denise Arnold), Elanco (c/o Vanessa MacKinnon). Each receives $100.
Things to know for this next year's cleanup:
- WI Roadside Cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, May 11th, 2019
- Tinted yellow bags will again be available starting the first week of May from ACCESS PEI SITES and IWMC LOCATIONS (Contact the facility in your area for hours). As a reminder, please use your existing WI bag stock, however if you need additional bags, clear plastic bags from your home can be used. Thank you for using WI bags for Roadside Cleanup only! Please note, should these be used throughout the year, they will be rejected in waste collections
- WI bags are available early May from the following locations (FOR LARGE QUANTITIES, PLEASE USE IWMC SITES):
· ACCESS PEI sites
· IWMC Facilities: Brockton, New London, Murray River, Dingwells Mills, Wellington (The East Prince Waste Management Facility) and IWMC offices in Charlottetown (110 Watts Avenue) and Tignish (100 School Street).
- Cleanup Contest and Win! To encourage any and all to participate in the Roadside Cleanup, we are featuring the fourth annual contest with cash prizes. Simply fill out the entry form and send it with a photo of “your team in action” to enter the draws. Entry forms will be sent out in either the April or May mailout—posters and pledge sheets are also available at the WI Office or online at PEIWI.ca.
- To participate in this contest:
· Fill out entry form (forms may be copied or available online at PEIWI.ca)
· Participate by filling bags from roadside litter and take a photo during cleanup
· Submit form and team photo to the WI Office in person, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by email to: email@example.com
CASH WINNERS from the 44th WI Island Cleanup just announced! A record number of clean up teams across PEI were vying for the opportunity to win three cash prizes of $100 in each category. Each team pledged their participation including a picture of their team in action to complete their entry. Congratulations and thank you to all who participated in keeping PEI roadsides litter-free.
Congratulations to the following cash prize winners from the Island Cleanup. Families and Individuals: Hartford’s Cleaners, Team Pick Me Up, and Christina Painter; Organizations: Cornwall Girl Guides (Sparks, Brownies & Guides), 327 Southern Kings Air Cadets and Spring Brook Pickers; Schools: Vernon River Consolidated School, Englewood Grade 8 Class, Grade 1 Tignish Elementary School; Business: Invesco Go Green, and The Hughes Jones Centre. Each receives $100.
Free cleanup bags were available from IWMC facilites and their head office for 2017. Bags will be available at Access PEI sites in 2018!
Thank you to all volunteers who cleaned up on May 13!
WI logo labeled Cleanup Bags are available only at these locations:
(Bag pick up locations have been reduced this year as a pilot project to enhance monitoring of misused bags.)
If more convienant feel free to use your own clear plastic bags from home!
Cleanup and Win!
Entries can be received in Individual, Family, Organization, School or Business categories for the chance to win cash prizes - 12 prizes of $100 will be drawn randomly in each category.
2017 Roadside Cleanup pledge form now available!
CASH WINNERS from the 43nd WI Island Cleanup just announced! A record number of clean up teams across PEI were vying for the opportunity to win three cash prizes of $100 in each category. Each team pledged their participation including a picture of their team in action to complete their entry. Congratulations and thank you to all who participated in keeping PEI roadsides litter-free.
Congratulations to the following cash prize winners from the Island Cleanup. Winning teams will receive prizes in the mail. Families and Individuals: 1st - Nicholberg Beach Combers, 2nd - Clinton Cleaners, 3rd - Blue Roof; Community Organizations: 1st - Hampshire Movers and Shakers, 2nd - Central Bedeque WI, 3rd - Springpark Sparks, Guides and Queens District Rangers; Schools: 1st -Great Wisdom Buddhist Institute, 2nd - GEBIS Heatherdale, and 3rd - UPEI Graduate Student Alliance; Business: 1st - West Royalty Industrial Cleanup. Each receives $100.
Cash prize winners for the 2015 Island Cleanup are listed in the following categories! Thank you to all who participated in this year's cleanup and to those who pledged to clean our Island and forwarded their team photos in action. Winners will receive for first place - $250, 2nd Place - $100, and 3rd place - $50.
Individual or Family
1st - Ellie's Peeps
2nd - The Corrigan Clan
3rd - Ladner Ditch Pickers
Classroom, School or Institution
1st - Prince Street Elementary
2nd – GWBI (Great Wisdom Buddhist Institute)
3rd - L.M. Montgomery School
1st – Meadowbank Pickers
2nd – Spring Park Guides
3rd - Canoe Cove Roadies
1st - Invesco Cares & Green Committee
2nd – West Royalty Industrial Cleanup
3rd - West Cape Wind Farm
The 2014 Winners:
And the winners are......but first....congratulations and thank you to all who participated in the Island Cleanup on May 10. The following are cash prize winners from the recent Island Cleanup. In each category, first place winners receive $250, 2nd place $100, and 3rd $50. Winning teams will receive prizes in the mail.
Families and Individuals:
1st - 25 Years & Going Strong Team
2nd – Kinch Kids
3rd – The Glasgow Salamanders
1st - JY Group
2nd - Stratford Youth Can-Do
3rd - Pleasant Valley WI
1st - Englewood School
2nd - Cardigan Consolidated School
3rd - Prince Street Environmental A-Thon
1st - Kitson Transport Inc.
2nd - West Royalty Business Park Employees
(Unfortunately, not all team pictures were forwarded to complete ballot criteria for this category).
Look who has pledged to Clean and WIN in 2014!
Congratulations to the following winners for the 2013 cleanup:
Individual or Family: MacLeod Family (Harleigh MacLeod)
Business: WINDS Team (Heidi Frankfurt)
Community Organization: Stonington Pickers
School or Class: Agri Science 801 Class - KISH
WI celebrated 40 years of the annual province-wide roadside cleanup on Saturday, May 11, 2013.
To commemorate this milestone, PEIWI and partners are gave Islanders the chance to vie for cash prizes. Entrants registered and submitted a photo or two of their teams in roadside "cleanup" action. A prize of $500 was be randomly drawn from each category.
- Waste watch drop-off centres at Brockton, New London, Murray River and Dingwell Mills
- Greenisle (Superior Sanitation), Charlottetown
- East Prince Waste Management Facility,Wellington
Look who has pledged to Clean and WIN in 2013!
The following Islanders and groups have pledged to clean up PEI and have the opportunity to win $500 per category:
Families and Individuals
- Alica Hogan
- Alyssa & Lynne
- Campbell/Sharkey Crew
- Canadian Council of Muslim Women
- Donna Gallant
- Douglas Duo
- Eleanor Irving
- Kay Wall
- Line Road Cleaners
- Line of Lot Crew
- Luke Reeves-Rollins
- MacKinnon-Weeks Family
- MacLeod Family
- MacNeill Crew
- Marshall Matheson
- Team MacKendrick
- Team McNally
- Team Smith
- Team Tremere
- Team Taylor
- Rosco Barbour
- Sanderson Family
- Smith Family (Pauline)
- Smith Family (Melanie)
- The Lacquerres
- The Boyle Family
- The Kilbride Clan
- The Kinches
- The Garbage Grabbers
- The Millar Family
- Waddell Family
- #60 Air Cadet Squadron
- Afton Community
- Albany 4H Club
- Avondale WI
- Bay Bunch
- Beach Bears
- Bell River WI
- Bonshaw W
- Brackley Beach WI
- Brackley WI
- Cavendish 4H Club
- Central Bedeque Trash Busters
- Community of Breadalbane
- Covehead Road WI
- Club 4-H Evangeline
- Canoe Cove Road Team
- French River 4-H
- Friends of the Farm
- Garbage Grabbers (WI Alliston)
- Girl Guides of Canada - Prince County District
- Kelvin Grove WI
- Little Pond Pathfinders
- Lot 16 4-H
- Mt. Mellick WI
- Murray Harbour Library Youth Group
- New Glasgow WI
- North River WI
- North Milton WI
- Pleasant Valley WI
- Point Prim Mt. Buchanan WI
- Port Hill WI
- Oyster Bed Bridge WI
- Sherbrooke WI
- Sherbrooke Council
- South Milton WI
- South Freetown Sewing Club
- Spring Brook Pickers
- Summerside Brownies
- Summeside Guides
- Summerville 4-H Club
- St. Eleanors Brownies
- Stonington Pickers
- UKG.Ditch Pickers (Uigg-Kinross-Grandview WI)
- Village Green WI
- Wheatley River 4H Club
- Wilmont Valley WI
- Agriscience 801 - Montague Regional High School
- Donagh Regional
- Grade 8 Englewood
- Hunter River After School Program
- KISH Agriculture Certificate Program
- WaveSkills Sailing School
- GRS Mobility-Telus CleanUp Group
- Brackley Country Inn
- Brackley Drive-In Theatre
- Team IWMC
- Team RBC - Summerside
- WRIP Team