Premier's Craft Education Award
Purpose of the award:
This award was established in 2005 to enhance skill and proficiency in a chosen craft and to share experience with others.
Federated Women's Institute of Prince Edward Island Premier's Craft Education Award of $1000.00 each for 3 applicants. *NEW
- Applicant must be an exhibitor of this year's Women's Institute Handcrafts and Arts Division of the Provincial Exhibition OR in one of any exhibitions across PEI in at least onme of the following or similiar named classes:
Class A - Quilts Class G - Xmas in August Class B - Afghans Class H - Other Handcrafts/Crafts Class C - Knitting Class J - Hooked Rugs Class D - Crocheting Class K - Golden Years Class E - Sewing Class L - Photography Class F - Needlework Class M - Art
- Applicant must have been an exhibitor at this Handcrafts and Arts Exhibition for at least two years previously.
- Applicant must complete and submit an application to the Women's Institute Office, P.O. Box 2000, Charlottetown PE, C1A 7N8 or 40 Enman Crescent, Charlottetown PE, C1E 1E6, Fax: 902-368-4439, or email email@example.com by June 29, 2017.
- Applicants may apply yearly for this award, but shall receive it only once.
- Exhibit entry or entries will be part of the selection criteria. A maximum of three items, relative to your chosen training course, will be considered for this award. No more than two of the three items could have been displayed in previous years.
- A personal interview will be required with the finalists.
- A panel of judges will be selected by the Exhibition Committee. The decision of the judges will be final.
- This award will be presented at Awards Day on Thursday of the Provincial Exhibition.
- This award is to be used to fund one major training event or two short courses within two years of presentation. Funds will be dispersed upon confirmation of registration and proposal of expenses including tuition/registration, materials and supplies needed, travel expenses (airfare/ground), hotel/motel, and meals. Receipts will be requested.
- The final selection of training will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Recipient will be required to submit a one-page written report to the Exhibition Committee outlining his/her learning experience.
Hon. Premier Robert Ghiz congratulates Audrey Masselink, recipient of the 2011 Premier's Craft Education Award, for her work in Needlework