Fri, Aug 12|
Visit WI at Old Home Week
To bring awareness to WI roots in both agriculture and handicrafts WI is pairing demonstrations and agriculture samples and prizes during Old Home Week. RSVP for more information!
Save the Date
Aug 12, 1:00 p.m. – Aug 20, 4:00 p.m.
Charlottetown, Charlottetown, PE, Canada
About the Event
The PEI Women’s Institute has added a new twist to their presence at Old Home Week.
Instead of traditional competition, this year the Board of Directors invite visitors to take part of WI’s rich history and connection of Handcrafts and Agriculture in Prince Edward Island by visiting their booth on the main level of the Eastlink Centre during the provincial exhibition.
To bring awareness to WI roots in both agriculture and handicrafts WI is pairing demonstrations and agriculture samples and prizes during Old Home Week. Highlights include demonstrations on Quilting Patches, Rug Hooking, Wool Felting, Swedish Embroidery, and Needlework. Agriculture representatives this year will be from blueberry, honey, potato, eggs and dairy industries.
Saturday, August 13
· Quilting Patch Workshop - Kay Wall (2-4pm)
· Blueberry Industry—PEI Wild Blueberry Growers Association.
Monday, August 15
· Rug Hooking—Rug Hooking Demonstration (2-4pm)
· Blueberry Industry—Island Juice Works
Tuesday, August 16
· Wool Felting —Twisters Knickers (1-3pm)
· Honey Industry—Island Abbey Foods, Makers of Honibe
Wednesday, August 17
· Swedish Embroidery—Bea Pye (1-3pm
· Potato Industry—PEI Potato Board (2-4pm )
Thursday, August 18
· Needlework— Lady Slipper Needle Arts Guild (1-3pm)
· Egg Industry—Egg Farmers of PEI (2-4 pm)
Friday, August 19
· Craft - TBD
· Dairy Industry—Dairy Farmers of PEI (2-4pm)
The Board encourages residents to visit traditional competitions in country fairs, shows and exhibitions across the Island to see the wide variety of handicraft, horticulture, art and agriculture on PEI.
A full schedule of WI’s participation during Old Home Week will be listed in the newspapers, and Facebook!